Thursday, February 5, 2009

Favorite things continues or #5

I'm way beyond late for this post...I had meant to send it out on 2/2 in honor of the Grand Marshall of ceremonies, the ground hog.

I love Ground hog's Day! I can't explain it and I don't entirely know when I began to feel this way but this is one of my favorite days of the year. Perhaps it's because it's one day where we can hope that something silly will decide the future (I guess there are lots of examples of that). Or because the groundhog is such an arbitrary animal to be so interested in. I have no idea...but I love this day.

This year depending on your location, you will get an early spring or 6 more weeks of winter. How random is that? Local Staten Island Chuck said early spring but his more famous cousin Punxsatawny Phil (the famous one from the Bill Murray movie) said more winter. Why can't more days be silly like this? Why is everything always so serious?

Also to note Chuck had a little bit of scandal this year...he ended up biting the Mayor of New York when he picked him up. Now, could anything or anyone else get away with such behavior? No and if some random person saw his shadow today and decided to tell the media there would be 6 more weeks of winter, how do you think we'd react?

That said, I hope the next couple weeks are interesting. Chuck and Phil, as always, thanks for you hard work!

No comments: