Friday, March 1, 2013

Stomach Pangs

Lately I have been trying to eat more veggies and fruits because 1) they are good for me 2) I like them 3) This is my Lenten promise (I won’t call it a Lenten sacrifice because it’s not one in my opinion. It might be for others but not for me).


I’ve found a little place near work that has really yummy side dishes that are quite cheap. I’ve had a lot of brussel sprouts because they are in season and happen to be very good. (And yes, I like brussel sprouts!) As yummy as they are, they create some issues with my stomach. After I eat them, my tummy makes these strange noises like a creaky old door that needs a spritz of some oil in the hinges. It isn’t painful but people can hear it. I often have to excuse the noises because they are THAT loud.

Although it does put me in an awkward position, it’s worth it to get all these good veggies even if it sounds like my stomach is a haunted house. Maybe that is the Lenten sacrifice, dealign with the consequences of my actions.  Eat the greens but run the risk of sounding like an old floor being walked on.

1 comment:

M said...

Love the metaphor for the noises your tummy makes!