Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sake To Me

Last night I went out to get sushi. I ordered for both my husband and me. While waiting it for it to be prepared, I sat at the bar and ordered a glass of sake. I hadn’t had sake since way before my pregnancy and I really craved it.


I took a few sips and it tasted so much stronger than I remember it tasting pre-pregnancy. Back then it seemed like flavored water. This time around, it went right to my head. I felt a little light headed but I sipped and continued to watch tv.

On the tv were reports of the Oscar Pistorius case that’s been everywhere. Now, I don’t know if it was the sake or what, but something just didn’t make sense to me. I kept getting hung up on how he got to the bathroom without his prosthetics in the first place. I think the sake wouldn’t allow me to get any clarity on that piece of information.

Finally, the food arrived. I paid my sake bill and I zig zagged my way home. (I wasn’t that bad but it felt like it.) When I got home I told my husband how I had some sake and how it went straight to my head. Then we discussed the Pistorius case. He formally declared than something was fishy so at least I knew it wasn’t all about my sake consumption.

Just goes to show you, your body chemistry changes a lot during and after pregnancy. Things that normally wouldn’t have made a dent in my constitution pre-pregnancy were making me a little tipsy post-pregnancy. Luckily no matter what my alcohol consumption, when something is fishy, it’s just fishy.

No comments: