Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday, Monday

Today I just didn’t want to get out of bed. I don’t know if it had to do with the Super Bowl, which I really doubt. I didn’t want to get dressed to come into the office. Usually Mondays aren’t bad for me. They are actually my quiet day where I catch up on work or prepare work for the busy week ahead. Whatever it was that was happening I couldn’t get any motivation to move myself out that door.

Maybe it was because when I went to say hello to one of my dogs, she looked at me like I stole her favorite toy and turned the other way. Maybe it was the super sad eyes on my other dog’s face that made me not want to move. I just wanted to stay home.

Perhaps it was that I spent the last two and a half weeks at home recovering and I was getting used to being casually dressed (ahem pajamas) and feeling calm (thanks to the doggies). Perhaps it was the annoying claustrophobia I was feeling on the subway ride into work. Or maybe it was the bone chilling cold I was feeling even under my super warm ski jacket. It could have even been the slight smell of someone breathing over me while I was trying to read. Whatever it was, it wasn’t encouraging me to take those steps up the stairs to my office building.

Then as everyone started to walk in and they were talking loudly, it made me want to put my jacket back on and go back home. And when I had to hear the sarcastic voices on a conference call, I wanted to just crawl under my desk and suck my thumb. When the air conditioning had frozen my hot tea, I considered just getting up and leaving. As I started to drift off to sleep in the middle of reading some documents, it should have been a sign. Maybe I will just stay home tomorrow because I really miss my dogs! They are way more exciting that the office any day of the week; not just Mondays.

1 comment:

M said...

Awww, sorry you had a rough Monday, Pookie!! I hope your Tuesday is off to a better start. xoxo