Monday, January 4, 2010

Waiting Room

Waiting is just not my forte - at least not lately. Today alone I’ve spent at least 2 hours waiting for someone or something. It’s maddening really.

It bothers me to wait on people and things for 2 reasons:
1)I’m usually not late so I try to not make others wait for me
2)I’m pretty efficient and I try to get people a response as soon as I have one. And if it’s going to take a while, I give statuses. It’s just a considerate thing to do.

However, as I’ve grown older, being considerate seems to have fallen off the list of character traits for many people. So when I call a computer technician to come and fix my computer and he says “I’ll be right there!” Am I wrong to get mad that he’s not at my desk 30 minutes later? I don’t think so. The guy is only 2 floors away from me. What in goshes name happened? Did he get mugged at the elevator bank by a CEO? I doubt it.

And am I wrong to get annoyed that I’ve been waiting two months to get a memory upgrade on my computer? Certainly I don’t think so. Excuse me if in the last 2 months, the amount of time I’ve wasted waiting for my computer to load documents or reboot has made me a little impatient lately. I’m sure lots of people understand why I’m annoyed, right?

No comments: