Monday, July 20, 2009

The Big Screen

Last Friday I went to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. The film itself was wondrous and beautiful in many scenes. Kudos to cinematography! The acting as usual was stupendous especially Alan Rickman’s portrayal of Snape.

However, I could have done without the company in which I found myself. #1) I went to see it alone which was not as fun as the big group viewing that I’ve planned with my friends on previous releases. #2) Someone bought a tiny baby to the theatre and it started to cry. This resulted in a number of people telling the parent/babysitter to get the heck out of the theatre. That was resolved pretty quickly. #3) (This is the real zinger that aggravated me through the whole film) The meathead sitting next to me shoveled a large popcorn, a large soda and an enormous bag of Twizzlers into his mouth before the film. He then proceeded to burp through the WHOLE MOVE!

I don’t care if you burp. Really, I don’t. It’s a normal bodily function. I just have a problem with you burping through the whole movie and never saying ‘Sorry’ or ‘Excuse Me!’ Is that too much to ask? I think not!

Why should every bit of dialogue be punctuated with the gurglings and noises coming from your stomach?

What’s more annoying is how a number of times I actually said ‘Excuse me!’ to the guy and he was clueless that I was referring to him. Once again, what is wrong with people?

If you have any clue, please let me know.

No comments: